- Kaltura 101
Each Canvas course in the Kaltura pilot has two buttons added to the Canvas site navigation bar.
This button leads to an area in Canvas that displays all media to which a user has access, including:
- Self-contributed media items (recorded or uploaded through Kaltura)
- Media items for which one is the co-owner, editor, or publisher
- Upload a media file (image, auto, or video) to use in Canvas
- Record using a webcam to use in Canvas
- Record a screencast to use in Canvas
You can also edit or delete media content in My Media.
This button leads to an area in Canvas that displays all media content that a Teacher has published* in a Canvas site.
*Canvas and Kaltura both use “publish” to mean “available to students”; however, for Kaltura content to be available to students it must be published in Canvas AND in Kaltura.
Kaltura has four display options for analytics.